rallyroots.com results@rallyroots.com

rally results service

Unless otherwise clearly indicated, results on this site have been declared final and are therefore not subject to query or protest

Barcud Road Rally

Sponsored by Griffiths Engineering

Barcud Motor Club

7th/8th August 2010

Clerk of the Course: Paul Rooke & Paul Jones

Route: 100 Miles

Maps: 135 & 146

Starters: 75

Winners: Adrian Jones/Dylan Jenkins (Subaru Impreza)

After a number of top four positions on the Barcud over the previous few years, Adrian Jones/Dylan Jenkins finally stepped up and took the win in 2010. The pair had a share of the lead at the first Intermediate Control and then moved to the front by cleaning the final control of the opening Regularity section.

With ideal driving conditions there were a number of cleanable sections and this led to Jones/Jenkins relaxing a little too much on one tight section in the second half, as a result they dropped 26 seconds. Fortunately for them their closest rivals at Petrol, Steven John Williams/Lowri Davies, had a worse run after the break and fell from second to sixth at the Finish. This allowed Jones/Jenkins to take their first win together this year.

Hywel Davies/Richard Morris were one of only two crews to clean the second half and this moved them from fifth to the runner up spot, eight seconds off the win.

The sensation of the rally was the performance of Justin Jones/Lewis Jenkins. The Semi-Expert crew held third at Petrol and, despite a drive shaft problem in the latter part of the event, retained the position at the Finish.

Justin Jones/Lewis Jenkins survived a heart stopping visit to the scenery to round off the top four.

Top seeds Steve Wood/Aled Richards were doing their first road rally since the 2009 Cilwendeg, however they were destined for a short event as their 206 stopped with transmission problems in the first half. Richard James/Llinos Jones-Davies were also early casualties when their MG was halted by gearbox problems. Irfon Richards/Andrew Edwards were in fourth place at Petrol but retired their Almera shortly afterwards. Clive Williams/Dale Bowen had been in joint fifth place at the halfway point but then suffered a broken shaft which put them out in the second half.