rallyroots.com results@rallyroots.com

rally results service

Unless otherwise clearly indicated, results on this site have been declared final and are therefore not subject to query or protest

E Roberts (Ffestiniog) Memorial

Rali Meirion

Supported by John Roberts (Ffestiniog) Ltd & Emyr Jones Groundwork Contractor

Harlech & District Motor Club

25th/26th September 2010

Clerk of the Course: Euros Hughes & Caron Jones

Route: 130 Miles

Maps: 123 & 124

Starters: 59

Winners: Arwel 'Sbidi' Hughes-Jones/Eurig Davies (Ford Escort)

Arwel Hughes-Jones/Eurig Davies took an emphatic win after the gearbox on their Escort held out just long enough to get them to the Finish. The first time pairing led the event, running as a road rally for the first time in three years, from Start to Finish. Despite the failing gearbox, which slowed them on the last two sections, they came home almost two minutes ahead of the field.

Dafydd Evans/Carl Jones had been in sixth place at Petrol having picked up 20 seconds extra penalties for code board errors. They recovered to win a close battle with Merfyn Hughes/Dale Furniss for the runner up spot.

Steven John Williams/Baz Green had been in second place at the halfway halt but they lost a minute on the section immediately after the restart when they missed a slot and couldn’t find anywhere to turn around.

The father and daughter team of Hywel Davies/Lowri Davies rounded off the top five, the pair having lost time with a wrong slot on the opening section of the night.

From a start number of 15, Gareth Rhys-Jones/Iwan Rhys-Jones had put their very standard Suzuki Belano into third at Petrol but retired in the second half when a CV joint broke.

Also on the retirement list were Howard Price/Eifion Pughe, who had the diff fail on their Escort, and Steven Roberts/Debbie Furniss, who were in sixth place, when their 205 suffered a broken gearbox.

Rhydian James/Steffan Garrod, winners of the Novice Class on the Rali Llyn earlier in the year, had led the Semi-Expert class at Petrol but they then put their Corsa off the road and out of the event in the second half. Shaun Bee/Rob Leeman, who had been just 15 seconds behind them at the break, then powered through to win the category by over four minutes.